28 September 2018
Meeting on the identification of ways to implement prognostic meteorological and hydrological subsystems developed for the the Prut and Siret rivers
The representatives of Technological Monitoring Systems Department of Bancomzvjazok JSC took part in a meeting on the identification of ways to implement prognostic meteorological and hydrological subsystems developed for the the Prut and Siret rivers basins in the framework of EAST AVERT project as operational meteorological and hydrological forecasting systems. The meeting was held in the premises of the analytical and dispatch center of the Prut and Siret rivers Basin Department of Water Resources with the participation of leading specialists from following organizations:
- The Prut and Siret rivers Basin Department of Water Resources (Partner 4, project EAST AVERT - MIS ETC 966)
- Chernivtsi Regional Centre on Hydrometeorology (Partner 5, project EAST AVERT - MIS ETC 966)
- Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center (a state institution that conducts hydrometeorological observations, implements state policy in the field of hydrometeorology and environmental monitoring, manages and controls in the field of hydrometeorological activity).
- Ukrainian Center on Environmental and Water Projects (hydrometeorological situation forecast components developer of the project EAST AVERT - MIS ETC 966)
- JSC Bancomzvjazok (general contractor for project implementation EAST AVERT - MIS ETC 966)
- Operational forecasting and flood risk assessment components installed in the Prut and Siret rivers Basin Department of Water Resource and Chernivtsi CHM should be tested to assess the validity of the forecasted values on the independent material. With the participation of Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center, Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Institute, Ukrainian Center of Environmental and Water Projects methodological recommendations for assessing the validity of a meteorological numerical model and a hydrological distributed model for predicting runoff in the Prut and Siret rivers Basin will be developed and approved.
The test and implementation procedure is determined by the departmental Order on the testing and the implementation procedure of new and improved hydrometeorological forecasts methods, which was approved by the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center Order No. 154 dated 03.10.2016.
This Provision defines that the testing period of short-term hydrometeorological forecasts can be up to 1 year and cover all phases of the hydrological regime. After the end of any prognostic model (system) test, its results are considered at the meeting of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center, where it is decided to introduce into the operational practice the model (system) being tested for the compilation and distribution of official meteorological and hydrological forecasts.
- JSC Bancomzvjazok continues to guarantee the support of all modular analytical system of forecasting and flood risk oscillations components. Our company will take a direct part in all processes for testing the solution and development of the State Hydrometeorological Observation system elements.
- JSC Bancomzvjazok - making life safer!